13.10.22

ZOOT SIMS - I Wish I Were Twins (1981-1998) RM | FLAC (tracks+.cue), lossless

Zoot Sims (doubling on tenor and soprano) teams up once again with pianist Jimmy Rowles; this time bassist Frank Tate and drummer Akira Tana are the supporting cast. Rowles is a master not only at accompanying soloists (he always seems to come up with the perfect chord) but in picking up superior obscurities to perform. In addition to "Georgia on My Mind" and "The Touch of Your Lips," this album contains such tunes as "I Wish I Were Twins," "Changes" and Johnny Mercer's "You Go Your Way"; Sims contributed "The Fish Horn" to feature his soprano. A fine swinging date filled with thoughtful improvisations. Scott Yanow
Tracklist :
1     I Wish I Were Twins 5:10
Eddie DeLange / Frank Loesser / Joseph Meyer
2     Georgia on My Mind 5:40
Hoagy Carmichael / Stuart Gorrell    
3     Changes 5:15
Walter Donaldson    
4     The Touch of Your Lips 5:30
Ray Noble    
5     The Fish Horn 7:57
Zoot Sims    
6     Come Closer to Me 5:37
Zoot Sims    
7     You Go Your Way 7:37
Zoot Sims
Credits :
Bass – Frank Tate
Drums – Akira Tana
Piano – Jimmy Rowles
Producer – Norman Granz
Tenor Saxophone – Zoot Sims

Um comentário:

  1. https://nitroflare.com/view/20B5EEC5785FFEB/Zoot_Sims_-_I_Wish_I_Were_Twins_(1981-1998
    _Pablo_Records_00025218697620)_FLAC.rar

    ResponderExcluir

ANDREW CYRILLE | WADADA LEO SMITH | BILL FRISELL — Lebroba (2018) FLAC (tracks+.cue), lossless

Lebroba, Andrew Cyrille's second leader date for ECM, finds the septuagenarian rhythm explorer trading in all but guitarist Bill Frisell...